Planned Giving Officer Keith Johnson has a conversation with Sr. Advancement Officer Tammy Butler to help listeners understand the important role of Cairn University’s Office of Advancement and the impact donors have on the lives of our students.
You can stream the podcast below, download and listen to it later, or subscribe to Advancement on iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcatcher so you never miss an episode and can enjoy the show wherever you go!
Hi, my name is Keith Johnson, Planned Giving Officer at Cairn University and Director of The Regency Foundation. Welcome to the continuation of our wealth planning podcast series. Throughout this series we hope to provide practical ideas on how to establish Godly wealth management habits that can be applied to your life.
We have been focusing on how to properly manage through 13 wealth management issues that most of us will face in our lifetime. Most of the financial issues we face will result in significant tax consequences. The primary tax savings tool that Congress preserved and allowed to remain in the new tax law, is charitable giving. Contributions made to a qualifying charity such as Cairn University is by far the best way to reduce or even avoid paying taxes.
I am pleased to introduce my guest today, Tammy Butler who is Senior Advancement Officer at Cairn University. Tammy comes to us with many years of experience in the advancement world.
Welcome to the podcast today Tammy.
- To get us started, tell us about yourself and your family.
- How did you get started in the world of Advancement?
- By the way, what is advancement in the context of a university or other charitable organization?
- Can you explain how the Advancement Department at Cairn University is organized?
- So, as you explained, there are three different silos in the Advancement Department, Alumni Relations, Planned Giving and Advancement, how do these three work together?
- You mentioned the Forward Campaign as being an important area of your responsibility. Can you explain the Campaign and more specifically, what areas of the University will be benefited from the monies raised as part of the Campaign?
- How are the funds raised through the Forward Campaign impacting our students and campus currently?
- Are there specific ways our listeners can still support the Campaign to help us meet our goals?
- What are the various ways information about the Campaign is shared with our alumni and friends of the University?
- Can you share information regarding events be held where our listeners can get an update on the University as well as the Forward Campaign?
We were recently in Denver and Colorado Springs where we shared an update on the University as well as the Forward Campaign. We then had a presentation specifically focusing on planned giving and our new Pathway Society which recognizes those who have already set up some type of planned gift arrangement.
Upcoming events include:
- Ocean City – September 12th at the Flanders Hotel
- Lancaster area – September 18th at Shady Maple
Tammy, I really appreciate you sharing with us today. Our listeners may have questions for you. How can they get in touch with you? Email email@example.com
Thanks Tammy. At Cairn University and The Regency Foundation we want to be a valuable resource of information and ideas you can use in a practical way. To that end, we are offering one hour of financial planning consultation at no charge to you. If would like to take advantage of this benefit or if you have any questions about today’s topic, feel free to contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your generosity and I look forward to sharing next month’s Advancement podcast.