Associate Professor, School of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- PsyD in Clinical Psychology, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- MS in Clinical Psychology, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- MA in Counseling, Liberty University (VA)
- BA in Theology, Liberty Christian College (FL)
Dr. William Librizzi teaches marriage and family counseling, group therapy, counseling theories, psychopathology, and psychological measures and diagnosis.
Dr. Librizzi has served in family ministry and the counseling profession for 27 years. Prior to teaching at Cairn, he served as a clinician at the Christian Counseling Center of Ocean County (NJ), as well as completing doctoral training and internships at the Children’s Specialized Hospital (Outpatient Clinician), Preferred Behavioral Health (Senior Guidance Program), and The College of New Jersey (Department of Psychological Services).
In addition to teaching at Cairn, Dr. Librizzi is the founder and director at the Wellspring Counseling Center and Wellspring Communication Group in Manasquan (NJ). He is also an experienced conference lecturer and facilitator.
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS)
- Certified Critical Incidence Stress Debriefing Counselor
- Licensed Clergy with the General Counsel of the Assemblies of God
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Member, American Association of Christian Counselors
- Dissertation: An Integrative Approach Combining Faith and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for the Treatment of Depression
- “The Use of the Million Adolescent Personality Inventory with the Assessment of Adolescent Psychopathology.” American Association of Christian Counselors Regional Conference, 1999. (Co-presenter)
- “The Use of the Myer Briggs Type Indicator for Marital Therapy.” American Association of Christian Counselors Regional Conference, 1999. (Co-presenter)
- Additional seminars on various topics including psychiatric disorders, marriage and parenting.
Teaching at Cairn since 2011