Part-Time Faculty, School of Business
- M.B.A., University of Chicago
- B.S., Illinois Institute of Technology
In addition to serving as Dean, Ron Ferner teaches courses on international business, social entrepreneurship, and business strategy, law, and ethics. Dean Ferner established Cairn’s School of Business and Leadership in 1997, after retiring from a long career at Campbell Soup Company.
His career at Campbell Soup included positions as plant manager at facilities in Chicago, Minnesota, Nebraska, and California. He held management assignments at the Campbell World Headquarters in Camden (NJ), including Vice President – Operations, Logistics, and Strategy. He also served as Vice President – Western Region in California, then closed out his career at the World Headquarters as Vice President – Low Cost Business Systems.
In addition to extensive not-for-profit board service, Dean Ferner serves as an elder and trustee at Tenth Presbyterian Church (Philadelphia, PA).
Academic Specialties & Interests:
- United Way
- Sacramento Mayor’s Council
- University of California–Davis Graduate School of Management Business Partnership Program
- California Manufacturer’s Association
- Paul Tripp Ministries
- International Business and Education Consultants (IBEC)
- “An Optimistic Look at the 8th Commandment” with Dr. Phil Ryken & Bob Doll, Business Ethics Today (2011)
- “Church Support for Doing Business in God’s World” with Dr. Phil Ryken, Business Ethics Today (2010)
Teaching at Cairn since 1997