Part-Time Faculty, Speech and Story Performance, School of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- D. Litt. in Narrative Studies, Drew University
- M.Ed. in Storytelling, East Tennessee State University
- M.A. in New Testament, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- B.S. in Bible from Cairn University
In addition to teaching speech and storytelling at Cairn, Dr. Roger Petersen is a senior instructor with Walk Thru the Bible Ministries headquartered in Atlanta, GA. Recognized as one of the organization’s top instructors, he has told the story of the entire Bible to over 100,000 people at over 700 seminars.
Dr. Petersen has also made three trips to China, presenting storytelling concerts at several universities. He has twice been a featured storyteller at the International Storytelling Institute at East Tennessee State University. In June 2000, he performed at the Hans Christian Andersen Conference in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Currently, Dr. Petersen is working on a one-man play on the life and works of Hans Christian Andersen, whose life and works (adapted for solo performance) served as the topic of his doctoral dissertation.
- “The Pen and the Inkwell” and Other Sacred Stories by Hans Christian Andersen, an award-winning CD recording of 5 lesser-known Andsersen stories
- Numerous articles for Storytelling World
- Contributing author to Treasures from Europe: Stories and Classroom Activities (Libraries Unlimited)
- Contributing author to Exploring Cultures and Their Stories (Frank Schaffer)
Teaching at Cairn since 1982