Professor of Theology;
Dean, School of Divinity;
Director, Center for University Studies
- PhD, University of Aberdeen
- ThM, Capital Bible Seminary
- MDiv, Capital Bible Seminary
- BS in Bible, Cairn University
Dr. Jonathan Master teaches theology, church history, and New Testament at Cairn. He also oversees Cairn’s honors program, part of Cairn’s Center for University Studies.
Dr. Master also serves as executive editor of the online magazine Place for Truth, as well as host of the podcast Theology on the Go (both sponsored by the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals). He has authored the book A Question of Consensus (Fortress Press) and a number of articles, in addition to editing The God We Worship (P&R). Prior to teaching, he served in pastoral ministry for ten years.
Theology of the English Puritans, Biblical Doctrine
- The God We Worship, ed. (P & R Publishing, 2016)
- A Question of Consensus: The Doctrine of Assurance After The Westminster Confession, (Minneapolis: Fortress, 2015).
- “Who is the ‘Woman’ in 1 Timothy 2?” [co-authored with John R. Master] The McMaster Journal of Theology and Ministry 10 (2008-2009): 3-21.
- “Exodus 32 as an Argument for Traditional Theism.” Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 45, no. 4 (December 2002): 585-98.
- Review of Beauty Will Save the World: Recovering the Human in an Ideological Age by Gregory Wolfe. Englewood Review of Books 4, no. 16 (July 2011). http://erb.kingdomnow.org/
Awards and Honors:
- Pastor-Theologian, Center for Theological Inquiry
- Faculty Member of the Year, Cairn University
Teaching at Cairn since 2011