Professor of Old Testament, School of Divinity
- PhD, Dallas Theological Seminary
- ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary
- BS in Bible, Cairn University
- Post-graduate studies in Hebrew Narrative and Poetry, University of Pennsylvania
Dr. Gary Schnittjer teaches biblical Hebrew and the Old Testament. He is author of The Torah Story published by Zondervan.
Dr. Schnittjer teaches biblical Hebrew and Old Testament at Cairn, and often in other seminary programs. A frequent presenter at academic societies and other conferences, he also regularly teaches and preaches at churches and other organizations, addressing pastors, teachers, adults, and youth.
In addition to teaching and presenting, Dr. Schnittjer designed and maintains ScriptureWorkshop.com, a website providing instruction, guidance, and resources for ministry leaders and other Christians. He also offers free subscription service for daily verse video from the Hebrew Bible emailed out each day at HebrewDaybyDay.com.
Dr. Schnittjer and his wife, Cheri, are active members of Bible Fellowship Church, Yardley (PA).
Academic Specialties & Interests: Old Testament, Biblical Hebrew, Torah and Prophets, Biblical Narratives, Intertextuality, Ancient Near East Context
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Institute of Biblical Research
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Member of steering committee, Old Testament Narrative Literature Study Group, ETS.
- Member of executive committee, ETS Eastern Region.
- “The Bad Ending of Ezra-Nehemiah,” Bibliotheca Sacra 173 (2016): 32-58.
- The Torah Story: An Apprenticeship on the Pentateuch. Zondervan (2006).
- Exegetical commentary on Ezra-Nehemiah for pastors. Kregel (Forthcoming).
- Articles & reviews published in Westminster Theological Journal, Christian Education Journal, Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society, and Cairn Magazine
- Faculty Member of the Year, Cairn University (2007)
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers (2004, 2005)
- Outstanding Young Americans (1998)
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges (1992)
- Edwin C. Deibler Award in Historical Theology (1992)
Teaching at Cairn since 1997