Assistant Professor, School of Business
- M.S. in Education (focus on adult literacy & communication), California State University
- B.A. in English, California State University
Professor Benchener teaches business communications, seeking to inspire students to achieve, especially in the area of communication as future workplace professionals. As a professor, she strives to encourage students to engage the world as Christians with a commitment to excellence and integrity. She is committed to affirming and mentoring students as they pursue academic excellence and develop competencies for their future careers.
In addition to teaching at Cairn, Mrs. Benchener is co-founder of Project Wee Care, a non-profit dedicated to educating and empowering school children to make a difference for the impoverished in their communities.
Prior to teaching at Cairn, Mrs. Benchener was an instructor at California State University and Anza College (Cupertino, CA).
Academic Specialties & Interests:
Business communications, Public speaking, Social media for business
- Microspeedread (computer program and user’s manual)
- Various Apple computer educational programs
- Exercise, especially biking & weight lifting
- Watching musical theatre
- Cooking for large groups
- Creating handmade needlepoint Christmas ornaments to commemorate milestones for family members
Teaching at Cairn since 2003