Online Master of Arts (Religion)
The online Master of Arts (Religion) program at Cairn is designed for students with a wide range of ministry and professional goals.
All students receive a broad foundational education in the inerrant Word of God and in the key doctrines of the Christian faith. Students take the same foundational courses they would receive on campus, plus innovative courses designed to prepare them for teaching, preaching, and other ministries in the local church. All courses are designed and taught by Cairn professors, who bring their scholarly expertise and ministry experience to bear.
This 42-credit hour program is designed to be completed in about two years. Courses are 7 weeks long. Advance standing is available for those who qualify.
- Build a foundational knowledge of the inerrant Word of God and the history and doctrines of the Christian church.
- Prepare to serve in a preaching or teaching role.
- Fully online delivery enables students to study full-time, completing your program in two years.
- Develop the skills to examine the biblical text and theology in relationship with the realities of everyday life and ministry.
- Study under faculty who are experienced scholars, educators, and ministers who invest in the lives of their students both inside and out of the classroom.
For more information about the online Master of Arts (Religion) program, contact Gwen Dorsey, Admissions Counselor, at email@example.com.
Typical Program Curriculum
|Fall #1||BIB 701 The Pentateuch
BIB 712 Pauline Epistles
THE 601 Overview of Christian Theology
|Spring #1||BIB 702 Old Testament Narrative Literature
BIB 711 Gospels and Acts
|Summer #1||CHM** Introduction to Ministry
CHM** Philosophy of Ministry
|Fall #2||BIB 703 Old Testament Prophets
BIB 704 Psalms and Wisdom Literature
PMN** Preaching and Teaching I
|Spring #2||BIB 713 General Epistles and Revelation
PMN** Preaching and Teaching II
|Summer #2||THE 701 Church History
CHM 621 The Spiritual Life