Designed for students with varying goals, Cairn’s Master of Arts (Religion) program allows students to choose elective courses in the fields they feel will best prepare them for their professional and ministry goals.
No matter which track of study they choose, students receive a broad foundational education in the inerrant Word of God and the doctrines and theology of the Church. MAR graduates are prepared for vocational service in many areas of Christian ministry, for further study in an MDiv or doctoral program, or for lay ministry.
- Build a foundational knowledge of the inerrant Word of God and the history and doctrines of the Christian church.
- Prepare to serve in the ministry role of your choice with electives that you can focus in a particular professional or ministry area of study.
- Develop the skills to examine the biblical text and theology in relationship with the realities of everyday life and ministry.
- Gain the tools to study Scripture for yourself as a lifelong learner.
- Study under faculty who are experienced scholars, educators, and ministers that invest in the lives of their students both inside and out of the classroom.
- Focus on a particular professional or ministry area of study or explore a variety of fields using the program’s elective course options.
“As a university with a large undergraduate base, Cairn has more professors than a traditional seminary. These professors have a wide range of specialties and interests, and I took advantage of several opportunities to do independent studies beyond the curriculum in specialized areas.”
The Cairn MAR at a glance:
- 42 credits
- Complete in 2 years full-time
- Courses offered in online and hybrid formats providing a variety of scheduling options
- Studies in biblical, historical, and systematic theology
- Concentrations available in counseling, education, organizational leadership, business, ministry, or biblical languages
- Students who have previously taken Bible courses from an accredited university or college may be eligible for up to 12 credits of advance standing